What to do in Casablanca: THE CITY GUIDE
What to do in Casablanca
Casablanca is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city located on the Atlantic coast of Morocco. Travelers from all over the world are attracted to it for its stunning beaches, rich history, and delicious cuisine. If you’re planning a trip to Casablanca and wondering what to do in the city, you’ll find plenty of options to keep you entertained.
- One of the top things to do in Casablanca is visit the Hassan II Mosque, the largest mosque in Morocco and one of the largest in the world. According to the mosque’s official website (https://www.hassan2mosque.ma/en/), the mosque was built to honor the late King Hassan II and serves as a place of worship, as well as a cultural and educational center. The mosque’s towering minaret and intricate architectural details make it a true architectural masterpiece. You can take a guided tour of the mosque to learn more about its history and significance, or simply admire its beauty from the outside. Just be sure to dress modestly and remove your shoes before entering.
- The Old Medina, or old city, is another popular attraction in Casablanca. It’s a great place to get a feel for the local culture and see how the Moroccan people live. You can browse the colorful stalls at the local markets, try traditional Moroccan dishes at one of the many street food vendors, or haggle with merchants for handmade crafts and souvenirs. The Old Medina is also home to the Central Market, a bustling hub for produce, spices, and other goods
- For a more relaxed experience, head to the Corniche, a seaside promenade lined with palm trees and outdoor cafes. It’s a great place to take a leisurely walk, enjoy a cup of mint tea, or watch the sunset over the Atlantic Ocean.
- If you’re interested in immersing yourself in Moroccan culture, there are plenty of things to do in Casablanca to help you do just that. Consider attending a Moroccan music or dance performance, or visit a traditional hammam, or steam bath, for a relaxing and rejuvenating experience. You can also take a cooking class to learn how to prepare authentic Moroccan dishes or take a pottery-making workshop to create your own handmade ceramics.
- Outdoor enthusiasts will find plenty of things to do in and around Casablanca as well. The city is surrounded by beautiful beaches, where you can swim, sunbathe, or participate in water sports like surfing and stand-up paddleboarding. The nearby Rif Mountains offer opportunities for hiking, rock climbing, and mountain biking, while a desert tour can take you to the dunes of the Sahara to experience the beauty of the Moroccan desert.
Accommodation and transportation:
- When it comes to accommodation and transportation, Casablanca has plenty of options to suit every budget. You can choose from a wide range of hotels, guesthouses, and Airbnb rentals, depending on your preferences and needs. It’s also easy to get around the city using public transportation, taxis, or rental cars.
What to do in Casablanca Conclusion:
- There’s no shortage of things to do in Casablanca, whether you’re interested in sightseeing, cultural experiences, outdoor adventures, or just relaxing on the beach. With its rich history, vibrant culture